The Cooking / Edible Oil industry is a cusp of 2 Major Industry Segments. Oil Refining Industry in the Procurement and Production side and FMCG on the Sales & Marketing side. Oil Refining is characterised by extensive logistics planning and Global (Crude) trading on the procurement front with an extensive focus on plant operations and management on the production front with quality assurance a key requisite.
The Sales & Marketing side is similar to any highly competitive FMCG business. Product companies are challenged by fast-paced competition and constantly changing consumer buying patterns and new selling strategies. Add to that the volatility of costs – from raw material to labour, logistics and transportation, and profit margins are tightening like never before. The new paradigm for success in the consumer goods industry is speed, innovation, and agility.
Thus, companies are looking for a solution that provides the digital foundation for business transformation – with Production and Supply Chain Best Practices which facilitates automated monitoring and financial integration of raw material procurement, consumption, production and brings agility and flexibility in managing product lines, while catering to various capacity/volume requirements of customers and efficiently supplying them through the right distribution channels.
Benefits offered by SAP for
the Edible Oil Industry
- Integration of all core modules modules providing an End-to-End solution for the Edible Oil Industry.
- Manages all types of production models like make-to-order, make-to-stock etc.
- Enables complete management and evaluation of inventory
- Ensures quality and compliance assurance
- Improves supply chain management
- Reduces operational costs while increasing operational efficiency