The pharmaceutical market – one of the largest globally is witnessing rapid growth – with large investments in research and development, with an onset of new challenges. An increase in chronic diseases and a rapidly aging population is creating an upswing in the demand for medicines, and at the same time patients have become more accountable for their health and focused on wellness and prevention – demanding better and more personalized care at better prices.
Thus, Some of the most common problems faced in the pharmaceutical industry are high operational and infrastructural costs, stringent compliance regulations and standards and complex supply management and distribution to name a few. Thus, companies are moving towards solutions that enable them to heavily optimize costs, manage quality and compliance, deliver higher levels of personalization, as well as increase productivity.
Benefits offered by SAP for
the Pharmaceutical Industry
- SAP best practices ensure products are produced to meet industry quality standards and regional/global compliance, regulatory and safety standards.
- Enables maintenance and tracking of medical quality records for BMR and BPR across the production and distribution value chain.
- Supports R& D and new Product Development and brings structure to the management and maintenance of complex, multi-level formulas.
- Specialized MRP ensures situations of material unavailability/shortages during production are avoided, wastages are managed and reduced, and finished products are produced as per market demand.
- Real-time reporting and analytics enables proactive decision making and quicker assessment of costing and profit margins.